Sample Recipe from My Plant-Based eBook
If you have been following me for a while, you know that I love to share recipes that I think are amazing with you guys (and if you are new, hello and welcome!). Not very long ago I released TWO plant-based ebooks that are chock full of amazing recipes and nutrition tips about eating plant-based. There are recipes for appetizers, main courses, and beverages - so much to choose from! In this post I want to give you a sneak peek into each by sharing a recipe from each ebook. Check out the link here to download your free copy of either (or both) ebooks now!
eBook #1 Recipe: Crockpot Red Lentil Curry
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- 4 T ghee
- 1 tsp chilli pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cilantro
- 1 medium whole red onion
- 1 T minced ginger
- 2 cans of tomato puree
- 4 small cloves of garlic
- 4 cups brown lentils
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- Brown rice for serving
- Rinse the lentils and place them in a large crockpot.
- Add the diced onions, garlic, ginger, ghee or butter oil (link here), curry paste, garam masala, turmeric, sugar, and chilli. Stir to combine.
- Pour just 1 can of tomato puree over the lentils. Re-fill the can with water twice and add to the crockpot. Stir to make sure that the lentils are covered with liquid. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Check once or twice during cooking to add more water or tomato puree if the lentils are soaking up all the liquid. The amount of water or tomato puree you add depends on how soupy you want your lentils to be. 1½ cans of tomato puree plus the two cans of water should be perfect. Taste and season with salt.
- Lentils will be soft when they are done cooking. Stir in the Greek yogurt and sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
- Serve over brown rice and enjoy!
eBook #2 Recipe: Frosty Basil Lemonade Smoothie
- 2 whole lemons
- 1 whole banana
- 20 grams basil
- 3 cups water
- Sweetener optional (stevia, dates, maple syrup, agave, or honey)
- Peel the lemons and remove the seeds.
- Put clean lemons, banana, basil, and 1/3 of the water into a blender.
- When smoothie is smooth, add the rest of the water and blend again. Add optional sweetener, serve and enjoy!