Importance of exercise
Have you thought about how important is exercise for your health? How can it positively influence your physical and mental health? The truth is that physical activity can have many benefits to our overall health while reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as obesity and diabetes. Therefore, it is very important for us to include it into our daily life and make it a routine!
Here are some health benefits of physical activity to show you how important it is.
- Exercise controls weight: Exercise can help prevent excess weight gain or help maintain weight loss. Also, when you exercise, you burn calories. The more intense the activity, the more calories you burn.
- Exercise combats diseases and health conditions: Stroke, obesity, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, anxiety, depression, some types of cancer
- Exercise improves mood: Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals and hormones that make you feel happier! It can simply lead to a healthier state of mind!
- Exercise boosts energy: Regular physical activity can improve your muscle strength and boost your stamina.
- Exercise promotes better sleep hygiene: Exercise can help you fall asleep faster, get better sleep, and deepen your sleep.
- Exercise is fun! Exercise can be fun and enjoyable! It gives you the chance to enjoy the outdoors or simply engage in activities that make you happy and with people you love in a fun social setting.
The Bottom Line:
Exercise and physical activity are great ways to feel better, strengthen your body, enhance your health and have fun! This is WHY it is important!