Have you ever thought about why berries are among the healthiest foods on earth?
Have you ever thought about why berries are among the healthiest foods on earth? Why do they have so many health benefits?
Well, let’s start our discussion with the basics; Berries are small, pulpy, and edible fruits and there are different types such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, goji berries, blackberries etc.
Here are some reasons why we have to include berries in our diet!
- They are loaded with antioxidants: Berries are a great source of antioxidants, such as anthocyanins. Berries do not only protect your cells but also, they can reduce disease risk and oxidative stress.
- They are a good source of fibre: Berries are a good source of soluble fiber. Studies have shown that consuming soluble fiber slows down the movement of food through your digestive tract, leading to reduced hunger and increased feelings of fullness.
- Have many nutrients: Berries are extremely nutritious and low in calories. In addition to being high in antioxidants, they also provide the body with many vitamins and minerals.
- Help fight inflammation: Berries are known to have strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- May help reduce cholesterol levels: Berries are considered a heart-healthy food. Black raspberries and strawberries have been shown to lower cholesterol levels.
- May help protect against cancer: The antioxidants berries contain may reduce cancer risk.
Now, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and give them a try!