Breakfast Recipes with Berries
Do you want to start eating berries but do not know how to include them in your diet? You don't know how to combine them with other foods? Berries are great for breakfast! They fuel you with energy for the day and provide you with several nutrients!
There are various breakfast recipes out there with berries!!
I am excited to share with you some delicious and nutritious breakfast recipes with berries!
- Berry Breakfast Pizza! YUM!
For the Pitas:
- 4 greek pitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Cream Cheese Spread:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the Berry Topping:
- 1 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Gather the ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (205 C).
- Brush each pita with the olive oil and place directly on the oven rack. Bake for about 7 minutes, or until lightly brown and toasty.
- Beat together the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and sugar until smooth. If you make sure the cream cheese is softened, it will blend together much easier!
- Stir together the berries and sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Place in the refrigerator if necessary. You may also add lemon juice to the mixture if you like!
- Take the pita out of the oven and allow it to cool. Place on a cooling rack so that the pita does not get soggy.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto each pita and top with an even portion of the berry mixture. Sprinkle it with powdered sugar and garnish with mint and enjoy!
2) Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish
- 1 package puff pastry dough
- 1/4 cup flour (more or less, for rolling out the dough)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar (or substitute honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Garnish: powdered sugar for dusting
- Once your puff pastry dough has thawed, place it on a lightly floured surface and roll it out into a large rectangle. Preheat the oven to 400 F (205 C).
- Cut the dough into a 2 by 3 grid, making six squares total.
- Score each square using a knife, creating a 1/2-inch border on the dough. Use a fork to score the inner square, about six times to keep it from puffing during cooking. Leave the border alone, it will look nice and puffy.
- Transfer the squares onto a parchment-lined (or lightly greased) baking sheet.
- Mix together the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of one of the pastry squares. Press about 6-9 blueberries into the cream cheese. Repeat with the remaining squares.
- Beat together the egg and the water. Use a pastry brush to spread the egg mixture onto the border edges of the pastry.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Enjoy hot or cooled!
3) Acai Berry Parfait
- 1 frozen unsweetened Acai pack
- 1 frozen banana, preferably cut into chunks before frozen
- 1/4 cup of orange juice or orange pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of your choice of granola
- 1 tablespoon of hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds
- Gather the ingredients.
- Add the frozen acai, frozen banana, and orange juice to a blender. Blend on high and then reduce to low to create the smoothest texture. If it is too thick to blend add a little more juice.
- Grab a medium sized glass and scoop a third of the acai mixture into the bottom of the glass. Top with a third of the granola. Continue alternating with the remaining acai mixture and granola. Top the top of the parfait with the pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup if you wish. Feel free to add other fruits or nuts if desired!
- Enjoy immediately, the acai will begin to melt very quickly!