7 Self-Care Tips During the Pandemic
In one way or another, this pandemic has taken a toll on us. Whether it be our mental or physical health, this is some serious stuff you’re dealing with! Just like most of you, I have been working on habits to help with my well-being during this time. My biggest advice is don’t be too hard on yourself, laugh a lot, and keep in touch with friends and family that bring positivity to your life.
I’m excited to share with you the 7 self-care tips that have helped me through this pandemic (and hopefully will help you too)
- Move your body - Exercise is great for both your mental and physical health. Exercise releases endorphins and serotonin that can improve your mood! Getting at least 30 minutes of movement a day, such as going on a walk or doing an at-home HIIT workout can make a huge impact on the rest of your day.
- Journal - Journaling helps get your thoughts and ideas down on paper. During this time, you might have more going on in your head, and this is a great way to sort out your feelings and get any negative thoughts out! So, grab a notebook and a pen and start writing!
- Eat a nourishing diet - Eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fats! Your body will thank you both mentally and physically. Eating a balanced diet will help keep your immune system strong during these times.
- Don’t forget to eat the foods you love - Crash dieting and depriving yourself will do more harm than good. It’s important to listen to your body and allow yourself to eat your favorite foods. Food is so much more than just fuel, food means family, traditions, memories, and so much more! So, eat that cookie and have that glass wine.
- Stay hydrated - You are made up of approximately 60% water! Water is essential for every cell, organ, and tissue in your body. By staying hydrated, you are going to function better overall. Tip: get a large reusable water bottle every day and set a goal for yourself to finish it by the end of the day
- Get some fresh air and sunshine - Getting fresh air can help clear your mind and is a nice socially distance activity to do if you’re working from home or spend a lot of time indoors. Sunshine also provides you with an immune essential vitamin: Vitamin D!
- Sleep 7-8 hours each night - There are many reasons for you to get your 7-8 hours of sleep. This is one of the most important ways to implement self-love. Proper sleep will lead to improved mood, making better food choices, and increase in your productivity.